Standard: A systematic and studied approach shall be taken in determining what programs and services shall be provided by the agency.
Suggested Evidence of Compliance: Provide documentation and examples demonstrating that the six (6) program and service determinants are used in providing programs and services. The programs and services provided by the agency shall be based on the
- Conceptual foundations of play, recreation, and leisure;
- Organizational agency philosophy, mission and vision, and goals and objectives;
- Constituent interests and desired needs;
- Creation of a constituent-centered culture;
- Experiences desirable for clientele; and
- Community opportunities.
Informational reference in the Management of Park and Recreation Agencies, (2010), 3rd Ed., Chapter 9 – Program Services and Event Management, pp. 155-159.
Agency Evidence of Compliance:
The recreation programming team has incorporated the six program and service determinants into a tool to assist staff in determining the best programs and services to offer the community. Information about the determinants, the tool, as well as examples of demonstrating use of the determinants and the tool are included in the Recreation Programming Plan1.
Agency Self Review: MET