Standard: Technology shall be used to enable the agency to operate more efficiently and effectively. The agency should research and apply such resources progressively.
Suggested Evidence of Compliance: Provide examples of progressive adoption, upgrade, installation, and/or use of technology. Examples could include but are not limited to communications and security systems, energy and records management systems, data management and sharing systems, lighting and irrigation systems, work orders and work assignment applications, financial systems, and class registration systems.
Informational reference in the Management of Park and Recreation Agencies, (2010), 3rd Ed., Chapter 14 – Information Technology Management, pp 305-345.
Agency Evidence of Compliance:
The Park District continues to identify ways to provide efficient and effective service delivery, including through the use of technology. A list of current technology available to staff1 is stored on the Hub, the Park District's internal document management program.
The Park District works to keep the technology it uses up-to-date. The following are examples of new technology equipment or software programs that have been recently implemented or upgraded (or are scheduled to be implemented or upgraded by the end of the year):
- iDashboards - live dashboards used to display key agency performance metrics and data through the Park District's "MPOWER" program
- ShoreTel phone system - new phone system that allows staff greater functionality in managing phone calls and voicemail
- Hub - new internal document management software
- UserEcho - software that allows staff to share ideas to improve services and operations through the Park District's "Launch Pad" program
- Applitrack Document Module - add-on to recruitment and applicant processing software to allow staff to complete and sign Human Resource documents online
- SmartFusion - new accounting and human resources software (scheduled for mid 2015)
- RecTrac - major upgrade to the Park District's current registration & facility management software (scheduled for late 2015)
Agency Self Assessment: MET